NYHIST-L Archives

February 2001

From:
Edward Knoblauch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 11:56:22 -0500
The Encyclopedia of New York State is trying to assemble data tables on
various subjects and we are finding a surprisingly difficult time finding
reliable information on some basic things.

Our current need is to find a reliable source of information on the
organization dates of extant school districts. Telephone calls to school
district offices reveal that many have no idea when they were organized.
Other districts provide dates that contradict published sources.

Does anyone out there know of a reliable source for the date of organization
of the various school districts in New York State?

Edward Knoblauch, Managing Editor
The Encyclopedia of New York State