NYHIST-L Archives

October 1997

Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 1997 16:12:15 PST
Woodhull still exists, sort of. It's on some maps of New York east of
Forestport and west of Forestport station. Sometimes they even give it a
dot, Sometimes it just kind of floats there. I don't believe it exists as
any formal entity now, It is now in Town of Forestport, Oneida County. I go
through it occasionally. My husband knows someone who lives there. There is
a map showing the "Woodhull Tract" at:

http://www.rootsweb.com/~nyoneida/1829.htm

Look near the upper right hand corner.

If I understand my history correctly, it would have been in Herkimer County
before Oneida County was formed.

Mary H