From:
Wayne Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 14:22:14 GMT
It would seem important to get the feds involved. My understanding is that
if it can be proved that there are active duty soldiers buried on a site,
that site will be declared historic and gain protection. The VA is probably
a good place to start. Your local congressperson would also be a good
contact, assuming they are supportive. Also, faculty at U of R, RIT, Monroe
CC, or Brockport or Geneseo that teach local anthropology/archeology or
American history might be interested in this cause.
Wayne Miller
Plattsburgh State