From:
Vicki Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2001 11:24:21 -0400
Have you tried newspapers for the period? To see what's available on microfilm, go to www.nysl.nysed.gov/nysnp

>>> [log in to unmask] 05/31/01 09:25AM >>>
To all:

    I am looking to develop some research on the trade of driving animals to
market in Central New York in the 1840s.  This is part of an effort to
reinterpret Bump Tavern at The Farmers' Museum a drovers' and travellers'
tavern originally from Windham, New York in the Catskills.  I would very
much appreciate it if anyone could pass on any information as to the
whereabouts of primary sources like account books and diaries or good
secondary sources that relate to droving and innkeeping in this region from
the mid-19th century.

Thanks,

Garet Livermore
Director of Education