NYHIST-L Archives

February 2001

Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 11:17:23 -0500
Just go to www.google.com and try different combinations of
words and you will have more than a "plate full" of sites to check
out. Wish I had time to look at them today. Very interesting.

Try combinations of words and get a different group each time.
There are hundreds of sites up on these topics. There are also
converted RR dining cars still around.

Lunch Wagons  Dining Cars - 1,290 hits
Lunch Wagon Diners

Couple of hits:

The Diner - Vanishing Landmarks of the 1950's and 1960's
www.artsandmusicpa.com/travelpanyc/diners.htm

Origins of Diners
www.happywomanmagazine.com/Features

Other sites
www.29diner.com/history3.htm

www.restaurant.org/rusa/2000

Ford Museum in Dearborn, MI has one on display which was the
first McDonalds.

God Bless
Ruth Ann