NYHIST-L Archives

February 2001

From:
Philip Terrie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 10:08:19 -0500
Does anyone know the exact physical location, right now, of Durand's
Kindred Spirits?

I was in NYC yesterday, stopped by the NY Public Library, where I was
sure I had seen it 20 years ago on a wall in one of the monumental
stairways.  Couldn't find it, asked someone at an information desk,
and got no help at all--something about all paintings removed from
display or some gallery closed.  I was in a hurry and didn't have
time to pursue it.

It's not terribly important that I get this information, but I'd
wanted to see whether this is further evidence of my deteriorating
faculties.  So if anyone has answers to these questions, I'd be most
appreciative: Does the NY Public Library own this painting?  And
where is it?

cheers,
phil
--