NYHIST-L Archives

February 2005

From:
Leslie Corn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leslie Corn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2005 09:58:26 -0500
Interesting. Actually, Primary Source Media had many 20th-century directories. That's why Ancestry has their cache now, as they purchased the scans. While PSM hadn't posted much past 1930, Ancestry has various directories at least into the 1950s. So that may be what the person was writing about. Nothing yet that I've seen online from 1946 for Manhattan though.

Getting back to the original question... As a former production person, I would recommend the Performing Arts Library at Lincoln Center. There were (and still are) various directories to recording and taping facilities, such as guides published by Back Stage. The library also has an excellent vertical file that might include clippings about the studio.

Best,

Leslie Corn, M.A., F.G.B.S.
Professional Genealogist
Genealogical Research, Due Diligence, & Missing Heirs
New York, NY
The New York Times, 1851-1998: Remote Access to the ProQuest Database for NYG&B Members.  Part 1: Getting Started
        http://tinyurl.com/4dvvd
Part Two: Advanced Research Techniques, Saving and Printing Articles, Problem Solving
        http://tinyurl.com/5dq6a
World War II Fourth Registration Draft Cards: A Newly-Released 20th-Century Resource for 19th-Century Research
        http://tinyurl.com/6ehh6