NYHIST-L Archives

August 2001

From:
Chris Andrle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Andrle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 20:52:27 -0400
Rochester author Nicholson Baker's book "Double Fold: Libraries and the
Assault on Paper" covers in detail the problems with microfilming and
destruction of original books and documents. This is a book that should be
read by anyone who has an interest in history or genealogy or is connected
with a library or archives. According to Baker, millions of federal tax
dollars have been used to "preserve" books and newspapers on microfilm,
after which the originals are destroyed.

Chris Andrle