NYHIST-L Archives

August 2001

From:
Wayne Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 03:17:41 GMT
Naval jelly will dissolve the rust, assuming there is enough metal that is
not rusted to retain the integrity of the plate, this might be the best way
to go. The other choice would be rust converter. This chemically changes
the rust into a primer. It goes on clear (from spray can) or milky (liquid
bottle) and in several hours changes to black wherever it contacts rust and
dries to a sandable, paintable surface. It's available (like naval jelly)
in automotive supplies and painting supplies in Kmart, Walmart, and the
like. Great stuff for those rust spots on your car, too.
Wayne Miller