NYHIST-L Archives

August 2001

Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 17:52:53 EDT
I'm in agreement with Sharon.  I was aware that Southold had been established in 1640 by settlers from New Haven, Connecticut.  I am frankly clueless as to whether a particular government structure was formalized at that time.  Nevertheless, it is well established that Southold was organized in some fashion, having rather specific boundries in 1640.

With regret, I'm not familiar enough with the history of Southhampton.

Joe