From:
Edward Knoblauch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Edward Knoblauch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 18:31:40 -0400
The New York Historical Association asked me to post the announcement below
to the list. It looks interesting!

Cooperstown Seminars on American Culture

"Publishers Who Publish History: In Print and On Line"

The New York Historical Association's 54th annual Seminars on American
Culture, in beautiful Cooperstown, NY, begins early in July. We FINALLY have
a presentation schedule for our publishing session -- and it’s going to be
something great.
Please: Tell any historians that there’s still room (and time) to sign on
for intimate personal intros and insights into publishing New York State
history. Walk-in registration for half-day and one-day sessions welcome.

Presenters and dates as follows:
July 4 -- 9:30 - 11:30: Introductory presentation with Hugh MacDougall,
literary historian and web-master extraordinaire of an award-winning on-line
resource devoted to Cooperstown’s own James Fenimore Cooper.
-- 1-3: Tour of NYSHA Research Library and near-by computer lab (maintained
by the SUNY/Cooperstown Graduate Program) for discussion of model web sites,
and key on-line resources for history writers.
July 5 -- 9:30 - 11:30: Premier New York on-line historian, bookdealer, and
link-meister Richard Frisbie, publisher and owner of Hope Farm Press and
Bookshop (and website).
-- 1-3: Computer lab session on web-page building, placing work and finding
web sponsors with Richard Frisbie; and a presentation on the Furthermore
Foundation, which subsidizes book production for art, culture and history
titles.
July 6 -- 9:30 - 11:30: Independent publisher Nick Burns, former director of
North Country Books, discusses plans and content goals for his new imprint.
-- 1-3: Adirondacks living legend and publisher of Black Dome books, Deborah
Allen, joins Nick Burns to discuss manuscript selection and marketing
strategies.
July 7 -- 9:30-11:30: Participants in the Seminar’s Central New York Book
Tour join our group for conversation on what people -- and publishers --
look for in history books with noted publishers and book dealers Wray and
Loni Rominger of Purple Mountain Books.

Call 888-547-1450 or 607-547-1410 for Seminars on American Culture
registration information, or email to [log in to unmask]