NYHIST-L Archives

January 2000

From:
David Minor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 00:07:44 -0500
Terry Lehr's article _Not in Our Backyard: POW Encampment at Cobbs Hill_
appeared in _Rochester History_, Vol. LVI, Summer 1994, No. 3.

All of the copies of the above publication, from about 1931 to present, are
available and indexed at the Rochester Public Library's web page (don't
have the URL immediately handy but it should be easy to find with a search
engine).

BTW William Ringle's information is a bit outdated. Blake McKelvey,
although still active into his nineties and profiled in a recent _Democrat
and Chronicle_, has not been City Historian for a number of years now. The
position is being superbly filled by Ruth Rosenberg-Naparsteck.

David Minor

>I believe this may be the article by Terry Lehr that appeared in "Rochester
>History". I passed your e-mail on to her.
>
>Philip G. Maples, Curator/Director
>Baker-Cederberg Museum and Archives
>Rochester General Hospital
>1425 Portland Avenue
>Rochester, NY 14621
>
>716.922.3521
>716.922.5292 FAX

David Minor
Eagles Byte Historical Research
Pittsford, New York
716 264-0423

To be put on the mailing list for the weekly TimeMaster radio scripts, as
well as news of updates to my homepage, e-mail me at the address above.

http://home.eznet.net/~dminor

includes NYNY, a series of timelines covering New York City and State, from
approximately 1,100,000,000 BC to 1990 AD.

"I would undertake to supply your demands if your generosity is equal to them."
        -John Bartram, U. S. naturalist