NYHIST-L Archives

December 1998

NYHIST-L@LISTSERV01P.NYSED.GOV

From:
Mary Jo Barone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 12:01:07 -0500
David:  Spafford's 1824 Gazetteer lists 'Hopeton Village" in the town of
Benton in Yates County.  He says,"Hopeton Post Office, named by 2
correspondents, but not on the general Table of Post Offices of this year,
furnished me by the Post Master General, is at Hopeton Village, on the
outlet of the Crooked Lake, one mile W. of Dresden, at its mouth."   He does
not list a Hopetown.
Mary Jo Barone