NYHIST-L Archives

November 2000

From:
Bob Huddleston <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 11:19:10 -0700
Along the same lines, we live in a suburb of Denver, with a good county
library system. I requested an ILL of microfilm copies of The National
Tribune, a Civil War veterans' newspaper.

Our library runs their requests through the ILL department of the Denver
Public Library. After a few weeks, I was told they could not locate anyone
willing to ILL the reels.

Before I could investigate further, I went down to the Denver PL on another
errand. Looking through their cabinets of microfilmed newspapers for the one
I needed, I suddenly saw several drawers labeled.....

The National Tribune! :>)

Take care,

Bob

JUDY AND BOB HUDDLESTON
10643 Sperry Street
Northglenn, CO  80234-3612
Fax: 303.452.3051

Eileen:

Credit for that discarded microfilm reader lays right at the feet of the
N.Y.State
Library Policy makers who changed the N.Y.Library STANDARDS C 1999 from
the requirements that all libraries (chartered by the N.Y. State regents )
have
Microfilm Readers to read that all libraries are required to have FAX
machines

Leigh C. Eckmair, Historian
Town of Butternuts &
The Local History Collection