NYHIST-L Archives

October 1997

From:
Wayne Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 1997 12:30:30 -0400
For the northern quarter of the State, may I suggest the Adirondack Museum
in Blue Mountain Lake? While the folks there concentrate on the mountains,
the 1870's were a time of great change in the wilderness that
coicided/were a part of the changes in the broader society.

Also, if you are on a limited budget, may I suggest that explore joining a
museum that is part of a consortia that has reciprocal admission
privledges.

On Wed, 8 Oct 1997, Sue Thompson wrote:

> I am looking to learn all about the 1870's main in the United States/New
> York.  Can anyone suggest reference books, etc. I can read.  I also would
> enjoy recommendations for visits to museums who cover this time period.
> Thanks.
> Sue Thompson
> Administrative Assistant II
> Department of Fruit and Vegetable Science
> Plant Science Building 147B
> Cornell University
> Ithaca, NY 14853
>
> mailto:[log in to unmask]
> phone - 607-255-7889
> fax - 607-255-0599
> http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/sdt1/
> http://www.fvs.cornell.edu
> Enfield, New York Town Historian - 2726412
>
> May I be at Peace.  May my heart remain open. May I awaken to the light of
> own true nature. May I be healed.  May I be a source of healing for all
> beings.

Wayne L. Miller                         Special Collections Librarian
Feinberg Library                        2 Draper Avenue
518-564-5206                            Plattsburgh, NY 12901
[log in to unmask]      or             [log in to unmask]
        "I wonder what will happen today!"  -Maggie Muggins-
"Not even God can change history...which is why he tolerates historians."
                                        -Voltaire