NYHIST-L Archives

January 2002

Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 12:13:04 -0500
Good afternoon.

Does anyone on the list have recollection or a means of consulting a NY directory of some sort which might mention a 1930's era law firm called "Metcalf, Giles & Allen."

I would like to know who the partners were in that firm at that time, and would also greatly appreciate any guidance regarding any way I might go about learning anything about the firm's attorneys and/or activities in that time-frame.

I have tried conducting simple web-based searches using the name of the law firm and also using the name of one of the firm's partners (Orlando P. Metcalf), but have come up empty-handed.

Thank you very much for any thoughts or assistance anyone might be able to lend.

Sincerely,

Julia