NYHIST-L Archives

May 2007

From:
David Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2007 16:22:13 EDT
I am investigating the distribution and use of maps in New York between  1750
- 1830.  One of the subjects that interests me is the extent to which  maps
were displayed at that time in public buildings, such as taverns,  libraries,
museums, and courthouses.  Does anyone know of  specific  instances of maps
being put on public display at that time?  Any  information at all would be
helpful.

David Allen
Encinitas, CA