NYHIST-L Archives

January 2004

NYHIST-L@LISTSERV01P.NYSED.GOV

Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 19:47:34 EST
I collect items relating to the New York State Conservation Department, e.g.,
pins, patches, posters, signs, etc. I believe that the departments name
sequence went like this:

New York State Conservation Commission
New York State Conservation Department
New York State Department of Environmental Conservation

I believe that the NYS Conservation Department became the NYSDEC around 1970.
Does anyone know the exact year?

Do any of you know when the NYS Conservation Commission became the NYS
Conservation Department?

Was there another name prior to the NYS Conservation Commission?

Thanks for your help. Les Buell