NYHIST-L Archives

April 2011

From:
Robert Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Apr 2011 14:20:49 -0400
As part of our One County, One Book series of programs related to "My
Name is Mary Sutter" by Robin Oliveira, the Schenectady County Public
Library has worked with the Schenectady County Historical Society on a
Civil War Living History Day.

This event will be held at the Mabee Farm historic site in Rotterdam
Junction.  It will feature Matt George as a soldier of the 134th New
York Infantry (recruited in Schenectady and Schoharie Counties), the
125th New York re-enactor group and many other activities.  More
information may be found at:

<http://www.scpl.org/ocob/cw_living_history.html>

Information on Schenectady County residents who fought in the Civil
War may be found in the Schenectady Digital History Archive at:

<http://civilwar.schenectadyhistory.org>

As part of our commemoration of the Civil War Sesquicentennial, we are
working to put the eight volumes of the Civil War Muster Rolls online.
 The initial release contains two new York City regiments (1st and 4th
Infantry) and others from the counties of Albany, Rensselaer,
Schenectady and Schoharie (2nd, 3rd, 18th, 125th and 134th Infantry),
covering more than 5700 soldiers so far.  The regimental pages also
include links to related sources, including print materials and
scanned documents from the New York State Library and the New York
State Military Museum.

<http://www.schenectadyhistory.org/military/civilwar/mr/index.html>

--
Bob Sullivan