NYHIST-L Archives

April 1998

From:
William Lindsay <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 18 Apr 1998 21:02:12 -0400
Stesha wrote:

> I am searching for any and all information on NYS CCC Camps including
> names, locations of camps and projects for a museum to hopefully be built
> be built at Gilbert Lake State Park.  Currently, there is already quite an
> extensive collection on display there which is open to the public and which
> has generated a lot of interest from people that actually served and their
> families.  Any help that you could give us in regards to this matter would
> be greatly appreciated.  Time is slipping away as far as preserving this
> important part of NY State history from 1933-41.  Sincerely, Susan
> Pasachnik
Theere was a big camp at Letchworth Park and a big reunion was held
there several years ago. You might want to contact them at the Genesee
State Park Commission.
--
All the best,

Bill

                         \\\|///
                        \\ _ _ //
                         ( @ @ )

William R. Lindsay  95 Benjamin Avenue  Rochester  NY  14616-3160

(716)  621-3573 (h)  [log in to unmask]    (716) 865-0188  fax