NYHIST-L Archives

April 2002

From:
Bill Carr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 19:22:23 -0500
I concur with all suggestions re: Carl Carmer material. He captures the feel
of the state, less NYC, better than anyone else I have read. Also recommend
"Rabble in Arms" by that son of Maine, Kenneth Roberts; Samuel Adams' "Canal
Town"; and one non-fiction work, "Tin Horns and Calico" by Henry Christman.

I have a friend who maintains that anyone who lives upstate must read two
books, "Tin Horns and Calico" and Carmer's "The Hudson".

Bill Carr
Town of Malta
Saratoga County, NY

Lossing's Field Books of the Revolution and War of 1812 at
http://freepages.history.rootsweb.com/~wcarr1/