NYHIST-L Archives

October 2014

From:
NYHISTLED <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 2014 14:44:01 -0400

Did anyone see the new PBS site: “Student Portal and Productivity Tools
for Teachers” at: http://www.pbslearningmedia.org/student/

You’ll see that one of their Social Studies offerings is NYS Path
Through History – were the local “partners” ever made aware of this? Who
put the site together? The “discussion questions” are pretty
uninspiring. And I thought “I Love NY” was only in the business of
promoting tourism – that’s what they told me when I asked them if some
of the resources from “I Love NY” could go directly to local historical
and cultural sites to develop their programs and other public
products…sigh!

Heidi Bamford

Heidi Bamford, Regional Archivist
Documentary Heritage Program at WNYLRC