NYHIST-L Archives

May 2002

From:
Hugh MacDougall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 May 2002 11:15:46 -0400
Cumberland County (New York) was in what is now southeastern Vermont. It was divided out from Albany County in 1770. See a map showing it at:
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~vermontgenealogyresources/Maps/Sm1772.jpg
It disappeared from the scene when Vermont obtained its independence from the rival claims of New York and New Hampshire.
Wynamick doesn't ring any bells (I used to live on those parts), but you should probably look for it in southeastern Vermont.

Hugh C. MacDougall
Secretary/Treasurer
James Fenimore Cooper Society
8 Lake Street, Cooperstown, NY 13326