NYHIST-L Archives

July 1997

From:
Barbara Lilley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 1997 09:04:49 +0600
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 07:10:13 -0400
From: Steve Leggett <[log in to unmask]>
To: Multiple recipients of list AMIA-L <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: grant info

To AMIA Members: The Women's Film Preservation Fund recently sent me
notice of a grant program they are doing and asked me to make the
information available as best I could. Any inquiries/questions should be
addressed to them directly. Apologies if this is a duplicate
post to the Listserv.  The following quotes are from their letter: "We are
pleased to announce that The Women's Film Preservation Fund of New York
Women in Film and Television (NYWIFT) is now seeking proposals for the
funding of preservation or restoration of American films in which women
had significant creative positions.  Individuals and not-for-profit
organizations are eligible to apply for grants of up to $20,000.  The
Women's Film Preservation Fund is dedicated to identifying, preserving and
presenting films in which women had a significant creative role.  Our
goals are to contribute to an understanding of the importance of women in
film history, and to increase awareness of the necessity for film
preservation.  ...  Applications and information may be obtained from
Women's Film Preservation Fund, c/o New York Women in Film and Television,
6 East 39th Street, 12th Floor, New York, NY  10016; p: 212/679-0870  The
first deadline
for applications is September 15.  A panel of professional filmmakers,
film historians, preservationists, curators and educators will review all
applications and award the grants, which will be announced in November.
The next applications deadline is March 15, 1998." Again, please direct
any queries about this program directly to NYWIFT.  Thanks,

Steve Leggett
National Film Preservation Board
Library of Congress, M/B/RS Division
Washington, D.C. 20540