NYHIST-L Archives

February 2002

Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 09:44:10 EST
In a message dated 02/04/2002 9:22:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes (about the Brooklyn Historical Society):

> However, the SOCIETY is aware of the fact that their temporary closing makes
> it difficult for researchers to obtain materials and the SOCIETY is more
> than

Walter, seems to me an "aware" Society might have at least loaned their
giantly expensive CD scan of their photos to BPL, NYPL, NYHS while they were
completely closed, and, even at this late date, could loan same - I mean,
they still control the photos. I don't know the funding for their
photo-digitization project, but I bet it's in large part you and me.

Best,  Christopher Gray