NYHIST-L Archives

August 2006

From:
Colleen Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 10:20:41 -0400
Hi all --

There are photos, drawings and descriptions of the Buell house in the
Library of Congress' online Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS) and
Historic American Engineering Record (HAER) collections. Just type "Buell"
and "Albany NY" into the search box.

http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/collections/habs_haer/index.htm

If anyone is interested in seeing the Jesse Buell house, it is located at
637 Western Avenue. It happens to be listed for sale at this time, by Tech
Valley Homes, for $#545,000. The listing number is ML#26104490, or you can
visit the Tech Valley website for contemporary photos ...

http://techvalleyhomes.hipidx.com/property/detail.cfm?mlnum=26104490&property_type=1#

(I'm not getting a kickback from the realtor, I've just been fascinated by
this property for some time and happened to notice it was for sale a few
weeks ago ... a little rich for my blood, though!)

Cheers,
Colleen

Colleen M. Ryan
*** http://www.committee150.blogspot.com/ ***