From:
"Susan L. McCormick" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 29 May 2003 18:32:25 -0400
"Capital Voices ~ Capital Lives: Discovering, Recording, and
Preserving the Stories of Our Past"
Saturday, May 31, 2003
from 8:15 am to 5:00 pm
University at Albany Downtown Campus, Washington Avenue, Milne 200
For further information, call 518-442-4805

The updated schedule for the Capital Voices Conference is available at
<http://www.albany.edu/capitalvoices>. The Conference--including lunch--is
free and open to the public. We invite you to join us.

Capital Voices ~ Capital Lives Aural History Project--an ongoing effort to
gather, preserve, and make
accessible the stories, sounds, voices, and music of this historically-rich
region. Although the project will focus on the Capital Region, this day-long
celebration and exploration of sonic history should be of interest to
historians,researchers, archivists, and anyone curious about exploring
history through sound.

Workshops and presentations will take place throughout the day. Sessions
include:

* Exploring the Region's History Through Sound: An Introduction to the
Capital Voices Project
* Doing Oral History: An Introductory Workshop
* Locating, Preserving, and Restoring Archival and Heritage Audio
* Those Were the Days: A History of Radio in the Capital Region
* Telling Stories of Our Communities With Sound: The Art of the Documentary
* Hidden Traditions: Connecting with Songs and Stories
* "I Remember When:" Story, Sound, and Place

We hope to see you there!

Gerry Zahavi & Susan McCormick,
Project Directors,
Capital Voices ~ Capital Lives,