From:
Bob Arnold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 08:49:44 -0400
Ginea Hill - our family farm outside of Jordan was on a hill called "New
Guinea." We could never find an origin for that name.

>>> [log in to unmask] 06/11/03 12:58PM >>>
A resident of my town has asked me if Yewdall's Mill, featured in the
folk
song, "The Girl From Yewdall's Mill," was real or fictitious.  The
canal
song also mentions Fairmount and Phoenixville and Ginea Hill.
French's
Gazetteer lists Fairmount as a canal stop in the town of Camillus in
Onondaga County.  Phoenixville may be Phoenix in the town of Schroeppel
in
Oswego County.  Neither French's nor Spafford's refer to Yewdall's
Mill.
Does anyone have any knowledge of this place?

Mary Jo Lanphear
Town of Brighton Historian