NYHIST-L Archives

May 2002

From:
Bill Casey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2002 21:27:24 EDT

Historical Folks:

I have had a number of requests for information about the "milking machine
program" that I had posted on this electronic mailing list.

I would like to clarify the Mike & (Reverand) Jan Gleason collect just about
everything, but dairy collectibles are their shared interest.  The Fabius
Historical Soceity meeting was well attended & greatly enjoyed.  Jan "bills"
herself as Mike's warm-up act and begins the meeting with a numbered "What is
it"? collection display on a large table.  It is amazing to watch the
enthusiam and shared stories passed amongst the crowd of members busy filling
out their sheets.  Then Jan tells the story of the many years of buying
inexpensive items at garage sales and learning about how the items were used.
 Mike's presentation follows on milking equipment: their history and
evolution with actual machines and a wonderful collection of literature.

For those interested in contacting Mike & Jan Gleason, they can be reached at:

Dairy Collectibles
Mike's Hoof Trimming
4424 S. OOnondaga Road
Nedrow, NY 13120