Hello:

    Can anyone tell me where Westfield, Washington County, NY was located in 1790?  [not to be confused with Westfield, Chautaqua County in western New York].  I have been unable to locate it on any historical map at my disposal.  The 1790 Fed Census for New York lists several Joseph Cook's; one of them having resided in above said township; but other sources place many of my ancestor Joseph Cook's activities in Granville, NY.  Just to further confuse things, there were other Joseph Cook's in the 1790 Fed Census residing not too distant; and locating Westfield is one step in clearing up who is who.
    I apologize if this is off topic; but any help is greatly appreciated.

    -Tim Cook