Hello from a Newbie,
    I just found an old journal that tells me our great grandfather went from England to New York in 1855.
It states that their  "first home was in North First St., Williams Burgh, N.Y.  I worked at my trade in the firm of Charter Bro. Silver Works, Greenwich St., New York, and my wife worked at Mantilling"
     I would like to find any available information about this location, and about the employers....   ... pictures, text , etc.    This is my first venture into the New York research area and so would appreciate clues from the old timers in this area.

   Thanks,
    George