I've been following with interest your progress reports about the Washington County Poor House project. The Ontario County Records and Archives facility is located on the site of the former Poor House and we hold the extant Poor House records. At the beginning of the National Archives microfilm copy of the 1820 census (#33, roll 62, NY volume 1) is a recapitulation of the population for each of the Northern District counties of NY State. Alphabetically that includes Cortland through Warren counties. The introductory paragraph states: "Apparently there is no similar recapitulation for the Southern District of New York." Hope this helps. Mary Jo Barone, Assistant Records Management Officer Ontario County, NY, Dept. of Records, Archives, and Information Management Services At 07:56 PM 11/21/99 -0600, you wrote: >>>> Arial0000,0000,ffffOh-boy,Oh-boy,Oh-boy! Am I excited! Am I frustrated! Yes. Arial0000,0000,ffffMy research for a history of the Washington County Poor House has led me to some exciting areas of investigation. But I need to know the total population count for each county according to the 1820 Census. Can anyone tell me of a site on-line where I might find this? Or does anyone have that information to share? I am living in the middle of the Hill Country in central Texas and it is hard to get to census summaries. Besides...now that I am onto this idea ... well, I'm impatient! (red face) Arial0000,0000,ffffAny help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Linda <<<<<<<<