A number of years ago (in the late 1960s or early 1970s) I heard a song on
a Capital District Radio Station (possibly WGY). At that time the song
was already quite old. The title and/or main refrain of the song was "I
can't
Spell Schenectady." There  were references to all sorts of things that the
narrator could do--except to spell Schenectady.
        I have presumed that the song had roots in Vaudeville days, but
perhaps there were reasons for Schenectady being on the nation's
mental/cultural map at the time song was written?
        Is anyone on the list familiar with this song? Do you know
where I could  (relatively easily) get a recording?
        Thanks

Ian McGiver