There is a Floral Park which as you can see by your map is just above Mineola where I was raised.  Quite possibly you could contact the land records there and see if there was anything known as Argo Village in or around 1960. I was born in 1957 so I know my parents lived there for some time before that and my Mom would have known if indeed it was actually a village. Sorry I couldn't be of anymore help to you. If I could possibly help with anything in the future, let me know.
Karen
-----Original Message-----
From: Claire Louise Shambaugh <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Monday, July 12, 1999 2:34 PM
Subject: Re: Argo Village, Hempstead Town., Nassau Co., NY

I went back to the Commercial Atlas copy I'm working from and dug out
this on Argo Village.  "pop.: included with Elmont, Z 11003".  Checking
out Elmont, I have: (Br, Floral Park P.O.  Z11003).  So it's quite
possible in your more congested area that it could be a housing
development and is located in or near Floral Park.  Thanks for your time
- I don't know if this will help.  If I can't determine why the name, I
may just leave it out.  The Atlas must have been from the 1960's, at
least it was printed after Z codes came in, and it may be out of date in
some places.  Thanks for your trouble - Louise.