At 08:30 PM 7/8/99 -0700, you wrote: >>>> Interested in what books/research is available on this battle. Hope to visit site and Johnson Hall this August. <<<<<<<< Carl: Off the top of my head, I would recommend "Burning of the Valleys" by Gavin K. Watt. see http://www.globalserve.net/~lougheed/yorkweb/burning.html for a blurb. Howard Thomas' "Marinus Willett: Soldier-Patriot" offers an adequate description of the battle of Johnstown and subsequent events from the American perspective. regards, Greg Ketcham webmaster, "Drums Along The Mohawk: the American Revolution on the New York Frontier" http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Delphi/4171