See my note within your text.

Ian McGiver wrote:

> Is anyone familiar with Baptist Church records dating to the late
> eighteenth and early-nineteenth centuries and how/where they might be
> kept?
>
> I am researching a Baptist congregation that was organized around 1805
> within
> Schoharie County. (I have checked all the usual local sources and, so far,
> I have had no luck uncovering any records for this church.)

Dear Ian,
Can you tell me what the "usual local sources" are? I descend from a family of
Baptists in Pittsford, NY, which is just southeast of Rochester. They arrived
from Leicestershire, England in about 1804. They also established a Baptist
church in Pittsford. It was then reported that one of the sons in the family
was kicked out of the fold because he was guilty of "adopting Universalist
doctrine," The son then took his wife and two small children and moved to
Ohio. I am interested in the group, and their beliefs.
Sincerely,
Bob Armstrong Houston, TX