From The New York Academy of Medicine:
New York City Medical Heritage

While many sites of New York's medical history have been lost, especially interiors and equipment that we can no longer view except through images, New Yorkers are fortunate that our streets still present lively remnants of the past. History professor Bert Hansen will place numerous NYC sites into the main chapters of medical development for the last 200 years. The lecture invites everyone to wander the city with new eyes for medical heritage.

Facades and Fashions in NYC Medical Architecture<https://www.nyam.org/events/event/facades-and-fashions-medical-architecture-and-texture-urban-landscape/>
Lecture on Thursday May 11th 6-7:30 pm

NYC Medical Heritage: Uptown Walking Tour<https://nyam.org/events/event/walking-tour-medical-heritage-sites-uptown/>
Saturday May 13th 1-2:30 pm

NYC Medical Heritage: Downtown Walking Tour<https://nyam.org/events/event/walking-tour-medical-heritage-sites-downtown/>
Saturday May 20th 1-2:30 pm

About the Speaker and Tour Guide
Bert Hansen, Professor Emeritus of History at Baruch College of CUNY, has been teaching the history of science and medicine since 1974. He holds a bachelor's degree in chemistry from Columbia and a PhD in history of science from Princeton. His 2009 book Picturing Medical Progress from Pasteur to Polio: A History of Mass Media Images and Popular Attitudes in America was honored by the American Library Association and the Popular Culture Association. His recent articles explore the connections between Louis Pasteur and the art world of 19th-century Paris.

Emily Miranker, MA
Events & Projects Manager
Library and Center for the History of Medicine and Public Health
212.822.7301

The New York Academy of Medicine
1216 Fifth Avenue | New York, NY 10029

[New Picture]<http://nyamcenterforhistory.org/>  [https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRP_QI8oBzJ73fEiQw9guW2mcQes8_K5qgtxj7zS2p0FzHR2vBI] <https://twitter.com/NYAMHistory>   [https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-oOpYjG3G3O_Tjqxp0EYln6sTOz9P8dSNODc-Z9T-I3x--JLKXg] <http://www.facebook.com/nyamcenterforhistory>   [https://main.transportation.ucla.edu/instagramlogo.jpg/image_preview] <https://instagram.com/nyamhistory/>  [cid:image005.png@01D286BA.235C3450] <http://www.zazzle.com/bindings/collections>
NYAM.org