Try Joanne Reitano, New York State: People, Places, and Priorities (Routledge, 2016).

From: A LISTSERV list for discussions pertaining to New York State history. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of John Reilly
Sent: Monday, December 26, 2016 11:06 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [NYHIST-L] Text for History of New York

Request:

This spring I will be teaching an 8 week course on New York State History and have a question about a recent publication that I am considering, Bruce Dearstyne's The Spirit of New York.

For the traditional 15 week course I have used Klein's work, but for this course Dearstyne's might be considered. However, from the table of contents, sections on NY Indians, Colonial Period, and the Revolution are missing.

Could someone suggest a short volume that would cover those areas?

John Reilly
Mount Saint Mary College
Newburgh, New York