WNYLRC Workshop: Genealogy Reference and Research for New York Librarians

Date: Wednesday, May 18, 2016  from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm

For full details and to register, click here<http://www.wnylrc.org/workshops/204> or go to: http://www.wnylrc.org/workshops/204

Enjoy a full day of discovery and discussion around how and what people ask for, look for, and uncover the library resources needed for genealogical research.

Session 1:  State and Local Government Archival Records Useful for Genealogy and Local History
      Presenter:  James D. Folts, New York State Archives
      Part I.  Digitized and indexed records available through the Ancestry NY portal and State Archives website
      Part II. Other archival records in State Archives and state agencies
      Part III. Archival records of local governments and trial courts

Session 2. New York State Library Resources Useful for Genealogy and Local History
      Presenter: Stephanie Barrett, New York State Library
      Part I. Searching the New York State Library's Online Catalog for Genealogical Resources
      Part II. An Overview of Genealogical Resources at the New York State Library

Session 3: Local Resources for Genealogy Research and Local History
      Presenter: Rhonda Konig, Buffalo & Erie County Public Library and WNY Genealogy Society)
      Part I: Understanding Genealogists & Genealogy
      Part II: Serving Genealogists
      Part III: Key Genealogy Resources

Location: WNYLRC Training Center (Directions: www.wnylrc.org/directions<http://www.wnylrc.org/directions>)

Heidi Bamford, Outreach & Member Services Coordinator
Western New York Library Resources Council, a member of the Empire State Library Network
Airport Commerce Park East
4950 Genesee Street, Suite 170
Buffalo, NY 14225-5528
(716) 633-0705 ext 114