The New York Council for the Humanities has activated its Public Scholars program: The Public Scholars program promotes vibrant public humanities engagement across New York State by offering a selection of dynamic, compelling presentations facilitated by humanities scholars. The Public Scholars program replaces the Council’s Speakers in the Humanities program, and both expands upon and deepens the premise of that longstanding program.

Any tax-exempt organization in New York State is eligible to apply for a speaker to come and lead a program.

I'm proud to be among the speakers chosen for the group, from all over the state. We all got together in August for a weekend of workshops. The range and interests of the speakers was so impressive -- and such good speakers, too! Here's the link with the list of presenters and topics and information on how to book us.
http://www.nyhumanities.org/publicscholars/index.php

Best,
Ellen
--

Ellen Gruber Garvey, Ph.D.

Professor, Department of English, New Jersey City University

Author, Writing with Scissors: American Scrapbooks from the Civil War to the Harlem Renaissance

Visit the Scrapbook History website