Dear All: Suzanne Wasserman, director of the Gotham Center for New York History, and I are beginning to work on making a dream come true:
              CELEBRATING 100 YEARS OF NEW YORK CITY WOMEN VOTING
                                      1917-2017
Before we take another step (recruiting female restaurant owners. bands, mc's, entertainers, politicos etc)--  I'm writing to check the date:
Election Day in 2017 is Tuesday, November 6th.
Is anyone planning a suffrage event that day/eve- or on the 5th? Please let me know asap.
Also: opinions? Would another eve that week be a better choice?

The plan is to have a huge party featuring descendants of the nyc women who won us the right to vote --Vanderbilts, Harrimans, Havemeyers, Stanton, Blatch, Horne (Lena Horne), Robeson (Eslanda Robeson), Nathans, Lewishons, plus garment union workers-- all that we can find. A few have surfaced already. (To state the obvious, this is a typically NYC mixture of race and class-- and it will embody what we are celebrating.)

Awaiting your imput. Excited! Louise B