I just put a video up on YouTube from a lecture/concert program at the Washington County Historical Society in Fort Edward back in 2008.

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InUS-kGantY

The music and stories touch on many different facets of earlier life in New York State, including the Iroquois (Haudenosaunee), British trading, the jews harp, migration from New England to Central NY and Western NY, agriculture, the Erie Canal, the Great Lakes sailors, Buffalo NY, social dance and square dance, the Adirondacks, North Country, American Revolution, the War of 1812, Essex County NY, Washington County NY, the Battle of Plattsburgh, Edna West Teall, kitchen hops, song collecting, New York Seaport, NYC and more.

I thought this might be of interest to some on the list.

Dave

Dave Ruch
Performer and Teaching Artist
155 St James Place
Buffalo NY 14222  USA
www.daveruch.com
716-884-6855

Facebook:
www.facebook.com/daveruchmusic
LinkedIn:  www.linkedin.com/in/daveruch/
Twitter:   www.twitter.com/daveruchmusic

“Phenomenal” - Sara Ogger, PhD, Executive Director, New York Council for the Humanities, New York NY

“Mighty. The audience loved it”  - Mick Moloney, Irish-American professor, musician, author, and folklorist