Good afternoon everyone

I am happy to announce the fall NYS Archives class for Madison County.  On Wednesday September 26th from 10 am to 2 pm NYS Archivist Dr. Suzanne Etherington will give a workshop entitled “Appraisal of Historic Records,” at the New Woodstock Free Library.  This workshop will introduce techniques to identify records that are necessary for adequate documentation of local governments and the communities they serve. Identifying records which have enduring value is one of the most challenging tasks of an archival program.  Seating will be limited for this class so please sign up here if you are interested.

We are also offering a special program for attendees after the workshop ends, the New Woodstock Regional Historical Society will open their doors for free tours down the street from the library for any interested parties.  If you have any questions or would like me to sign you up feel free to contact me.

Kind Regards

Matthew Urtz

Madison County, NY Historian

138 N. Court St. Bldg. #4