To Whom It May Concern,

I'm working with a group attempting to identify geographic areas  across
New York State, (and New England), that are nicknamed, "Little  Canada." In
addition to the geography we are also looking for documentation  as to why the
nickname is applied to any area we can identify. We know of one  near
Indian Lake, New York, for example. In this case the name was applied due  to the
number of mostly French Canadian loggers who came to work and settle in
the area.

If anyone on the list can guide us in the direction of one or more  of
these locations, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Les Buell