Dear friends. The PBS tv show "History Detectives" has a segment  where
they unearth the origins of a purple and gold "Votes for Women" banner  found
in an upstate New York attic! I'm their historical expert and I explain  how
the winning of woman suffrage in NY in 1917 was the product of a new
generation's activism and a tipping point on the road to the 1920 passage of  the
federal amendment.
The show airs Tues, Sept 20th at 8pm. If you'd like to  join a national
network of VIEWING PARTIES in schools, clubs,  historical societies, living
rooms-- please let me know. It's a great teaching  and community building
opportunity. Plus, it's fun.
For more on my NY Women's Suffrage work, please visit my  website.
Louise Bernikow
_www.louisebernikow.com_ (http://www.louisebernikow.com)
direct link to WOMEN WINNING NEW YORK: _http://tiny.cc/ud1qx_
(http://tiny.cc/ud1qx)