The best resource for finding out the particular pedigree/history of a
New York State Senate or Assembly committee, task force, etc. is the
Legislative Library.  The staff there is very dedicated and
knowledgeable.

The Legislative Library phone number is (518) 455-2468.

I'm sure that any staffer who answers should be able to assist you.  You
may want to ask for Law Librarian Stephen Gersztoff.

I would identify yourself as a historian/researcher-and they should
respond positively.  I know of several people who first had their
respective Legislator put in a call to the Library-asking the staff to
assist their constituent.

Best of luck in your work on the state's energy history and politics-a
fascinating subject.

Brian Buff
Administrator
Association of Public Historians of New York State (APHNYS)
1450 Western Avenue, Suite 101
Albany, NY 12203-3539
Phone:  (518) 694-5002
Fax:  (518) 463-8656
http://www.aphnys.org <http://www.aphnys.org/>

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail transmission, with accompanying
records, is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to
information belonging to the sender, including individually identifiable
health information subject to the privacy and security provisions of
HIPAA. This information may be protected by pertinent privilege (s),
e.g., attorney-client, doctor-patient, HIPAA etc., which will be
enforced to the fullest extent of the law. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any examination, analysis,
disclosure, copying, dissemination, distribution, sharing, or use of the
information in this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message and associated documents in error, please notify
the sender immediately for instructions. If this message was received by
e-mail, please delete the original message.