From: "Ron and Alice Feulner" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, October 3, 2010 11:34:20 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: scrapbooks

As a new town historian, I inherited a number of large scrapbooks filled with local newspaper articles cut and pasted into their pages covering a spread of many years. Until now, they have only been used by occasional curiosity seekers thumbing through pages until they tire of reading them. I would like to index them on computer so that researchers could find specific people, places, and events. I am thinking of using microsoft word tables (I cannot afford access. ) to create lists that provide book, page, people names, place names, and events that we can then use the "find" tool to locate. This will be a big project for volunteers, so I would like to use the simplest yet effective technique. Would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks.