This tells me that he did. And, in 1863.
If you can't access this site, use Google.  I  came upon Google Book
Search on page 3 (I think) of numerous listings of his name. The
Columbia graduates in medicine are listed by year and, there he is in
1863.
Nancy Hyden Woodward

http://books.google.com/books?id=c_kRAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA231&dq=%22William
+Bruce+Almon%22&lr=&ei=qW_RSMPaIYyYyASq7PXpAw