WANT FREE PUBLICITY FOR YOUR LABOR HISTORY EVENT THIS MAY?

Brothers & Sisters,

May Is Labor History Month!  If you are you planning an event in May about work, unions, and/or the labor movement – here’s your chance for free publicity.  And if you know other folks organizing labor events, we deeply appreciate your passing along this message to them.

The New York Labor History Association has put out a free calendar of labor events for more than 20 years.  Our calendar is sent throughout New York State – and goes out to more than 5,000 workplaces, unions, colleges, schools, and individual union members.  Our calendar is also published in a half dozen union newspapers.

If you have an event, please e-mail me a short description.  I need it as soon as possible.  (I have to submit final copy to my printer in a month.)  What I need to know is the title, date, time, location, & cost of the event, a BRIEF description, & contact information.  If you can put the information in the order indicated below, you’ll make my life easier.

The latest you can submit  events is March 30. It’s best if you can e-mail me the information at: [log in to unmask]&YY=133&order=down&sort=date&pos=0 href="http:[log in to unmask]&YY=133&order=down&sort=date&pos=0" target=_blank>[log in to unmask] You can also write me at: Joe Doyle, 411 West 22 St NY, NY 10011-2519.
For more information, call me, (212) 242-5890.

Please provide the following information (in the following order):

Day of the week:         Date:               Time:           Cost:

Headline: (no more than 50 characters -- including spaces between words)

Kind of event: (e.g. lecture, walking tour, play, concert, book signing, poetry reading, exhibition, etc.)

Describe the event/speaker/performer: (in 25 – 50 characters)

Location:

Contact information:                     tel.                    e-mail:

Thanks.  Joe Doyle, Chair, NYLHA Calendar Committee

The New York Labor History Association was founded in 1975 to bring together individuals and institutions interested in the history of working people, their organizations, and their struggles for better life and society in New York State.   NYLHA strives to make labor history a vital and ever present part of our culture.  Membership in NYLHA is open to anyone interested in labor history.  Send $20 ($10 Students/Srs.) to:
Philoine Fried, 351 West 24 St., New York, NY  10011.

Officers: Irwin Yellowitz, President; George Altomare, Vice President; Gail Malmgreen, Secretary; Philoine Fried, Treasurer.