<<<<Laura Rosen at MTA Bridges and Tunnels’ Special Archive is a great source for construction photos of Robert Moses’ highway projects.  She’s out on vacation for the next couple of weeks, but her phone number is 646-252-7418.

<<<<By the way, I did my master’s thesis in historic preservation/urban planning on the Cross-Bronx Expressway.  If you think it would be of interest to you, I’d be happy to send you a copy of it on CD.Good luck with your research; if I think of anything else, I’ll let you know.   Michael Caratzas>>>>

Michael (and some others) - thank you for your knowledgeable responses.  In fact I have been working with Laura, and obtained some useful photographs of the site in question from the Triborough Bridge Collection.  I didn't think to ask her about the later Interstate work!     (My building is close to the juncture of the bridge and the bruckner.)

Best   Christopher